Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What Does the Dream Look Like?

My post today was inspired by a simple question with a very detailed answer...
What does the dream look like?
It took me back to about three months ago when I returned from WBFF World's in Las Vegas. Here's my short version of the story-
I returned home from World's on a complete high, ready to start prep for my next show. I felt fantastic, on top of the World, and inspired to get back to work. Explain these feelings to someone and they assume you won or yet again... they assume you placed. I did neither of these two things, but I came back from this competition feeling phenomenal. I spoke to someone when I returned about my experience over the last weekend in Vegas. Their response was similar to this... If you chose to compete with XYZ federation, you could place and win trophies by competing in smaller, more frequent shows. To anyone else this sounds like a great plan, right? Actually it sounds great to the majority of competitors. Prep for numerous shows during the year, perhaps increase your odds on smaller shows, and earn trophies. Don't get me wrong I dream of that first place trophy, but that's not WHAT MY DREAM LOOKS LIKE!
I choose to compete with the WBFF because their values, their brand, and their athletes align with MY DREAM!
My dream is to earn my pro-card and when I disect my pro-card dream I envision respect, glamour, being categorized with THE BEST! It may take me longer... I may only get three or four opportunities to earn my pro-card a year... but if I am going to take the time to prep, compete, and earn a top placing, I want to earn it standing amongst the best. Once I am there, I want to be affliated with the best, most respectable athletes and models in the industry. You know that saying, "Guilty by association"?? Well, I want to be associated with respectable,  glamorous, inspiring individuals in the industry!
Though the process might be longer, I feel my time is better invested prepping for WBFF shows.

The dream looks like inspiring others by being my own person...
The dream looks like earning my spot and investing my time...
The dream looks like learning and becoming my best along the way...
 
I'll be investing my whole heart over this next 116 days all for
THE DREAM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment