Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I am Empowered

I am learning that there is great power in believing in yourself and not seeking the approval of others.
For so long I had this backwards. I always stressed over what others thought...what are they saying about me...what do they think about what I am doing...what if they think I am not capable.
Fear of what others think has to be the strongest wall that we build in front of ourselves.
I decided a couple weeks ago to truly focus in on self improvement, positive self-talk, and truly getting to the bottom of what my greatest fears were.
Through various exercises, writing, and meditation I have been able to weed through what is reality and what is false or made up in my own head.
My goals of being a professional in the fitness industry are greater than wanting to change bodies on the outside. My passion is in changing and teaching other women how they can believe in themselves and how they can throw out the need to have approval from others.
While I am still perfecting this skill and improving my self-power (something I think will forever be a work in progress), I have committed to making a change!
Here are two things I really think are a good start in the right direction for anyone-
1.) Stop caring what others think, you are driving yourself mad!- I say this with sincerity, stop caring what others think. What I am trying to truly say is, stop letting the opinion of others get in the way of your success and your self-improvement practice. When you start to think WHAT IF...WILL THEY... I AM NOT SURE IF... stop yourself and count to five. Second, give yourself five reason why you should... why you are sure... and why YOU want to do whatever it is you are about to do.
I did this today with my blog post.... WILL PEOPLE THINK I AM SPEAKING OUT OF TURN! Well, I desire to share my story during the entire process and everyone has a BEGINNING. I am sure that I need to write this post to inspire other women to believe. I want to share my journey in hopes that I can teach someone else along the way.
TRY IT!
2.) Be a woman of your word!- When you are who you say you are and you follow through, you eliminate one more step in the QUESTION MYSELF game. Follow through and be a woman of your word. Try your hardest and when you tell someone you will do something, complete it with 120% passion and committment. There is nothing worse than relying on someone that ends up letting you down, so don't allow yourself to be that woman. When you are a woman of your word, you stand tall and you are proud of what you can accomplish. When I follow through on what I say I will do...be it for myself or someone else, I feel empowered, I feel great, and I feel like I have given back to someone. TRY IT!
:-)

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post and speaks to me! When I started blogging and my Facebook page, I so often wondering and cared what others thought. But I decided what I wanted to share was valuable and kept on going. We have to love and believe in ourselves first if we want others to do the same! Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I never got a notification your comment was here :( sorry!! BUT I am glad we have connected more since then!!

      Delete