Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Utilizing the Tools I Gather

Hello!
The purpose of my blog today is to track my progress and share the various ways I plan to accomplish my goals this upcoming year. This past weekend was a very motivating weekend in Long Beach at Super Camp. I was surrounded and being taught by top Pro Athletes in the WBFF, experts in all industries from marketing, skin care, and self improvement. In addition, I shared the weekend with over 30 driven and motivated weekend.
WBFF Super Camp with Nathan Harewood and WBFF Pros Sharon Polsky,
Nadia Lopez, Lindsay Messina, and Teri Crenshaw
at Pole Position Fitness, Long Beach, CA
This was not my first camp. Over the last year I have attended 10 or more of these health and fitness camps here in California. Each and every time I come out of camp feeling motivated and encouraged to put the tools I gathered to use. Slowly I would lose that motivation and find myself back to my old habits. Going in to the camp I decided this time would be different.

Yesterday was the first day and the first Monday following camp. So far, so good! My first step was to admit to myself that I was going to have to face a few fears head on if I was going to create new habits. We all know this, right? Doing something new is always scary, but after you have done it a few times we overcome the fear. I sent texts to my closest friends and coaches making the commitment to change and improve myself. This first step seems to be what I may have been missing prior. It is an accountability factor. NOW, I cannot give up so easy and I cannot make excuses as to why I have not accomplished what I said I would.

I would challenge you to start there first. Make a commitment to someone other than yourself. Someone you trust, someone that knows and will appreciate the struggle you are about to have. I think this is something important to consider, SOMEONE THAT KNOWS AND APPRECIATES. Too often we tell someone our goals or dreams and they are someone that has no clue what it takes to get to where we want to go. Not only that, it is possible they are paralyzed by fears themselves and potentially could hold you back.

Another step I took yesterday is purchasing a journal and writing ALL of my year's goals on the inside cover. My plan is to each day write in my journal everything I am feeling, the things I have done or accomplished that day, and refer back constantly to the POWER GOALS on the inside cover. This way I can constantly check to see if my actions are in line with my goals. Also, I am able to track the smaller steps that I am taking toward accomplishing my goals. I think it will be a positive and motivating seeing that though it is small, I am making great progress!

Finally, each morning I am making a list of 3-4 things to accomplish for the day. Nothing extreme, just small actions listed that I can check off as I have completed them. Yesterday I felt accomplished when I went to bed. I had completed the 4 things that I had added to my list yesterday morning. They were smaller goal that I had accomplished, but I feel like it was a step in the right direction to create a new habit of committing and achieving.

Off to start a new day and tackle new goals!!!

Today-- Commit to someone that will hold you accountable in a positive way. Also, start by making a list of your POWER GOALS... the goals you will accomplish this year. Start with the big goals and then work your way backwards tackling smaller goals that are in line with your POWER GOALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment