Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Post Show Plan

It is no secret I am approaching my third WBFF Competition in just a couple days!

Leading up to a show my diet becomes more restrictive in order to obtain the stage body and leanness that is necessary. People have asked on a couple occassions what I will "cheat" on or what I look forward to following the show. I love this question mainly because it gives me the opportunity to share my love and passion for health and wellness.


bikini competitor, fitness, health, wellness, define fitness, wbff
Anna Lavonne Richardson WBFF Diva Bikini Model
I have never and will never condone a post-show binge... in other words... I personally don't believe in eating everything in sight (pop tarts, cupcakes, Oreos, etc.) immediately following a show. I think it is terrible for the body's metabolism and borh physical and mental health. Not to mention I have worked countless hours and months on my body, throwing a bunch of crap in my body hours following a show makes me feel like food has more control over me than I would like to allow. I know there are other competitors that believe differently and that is okay, however I want to set a good example for any woman following me on my fitness journey. Health, wellness, and being fit is a lifestyle to me, not just a special occasion. There is nothing that cannot be enjoyed through moderation and balance.

Besides, who really wants to feel stuffed full of sugar and bloated following any special event?

With that said, my plan is to enjoy certain splurges in moderation and (key word) over a period of a month or more post-show. Spacing out my splurges/cheats over time will allow for my body to come back from the restrictive diet that I had leading up to my show. Since stuffing my body full of a bunch of indulgent food post-show isn't in my plan, I have come up with a few things I look forward to and that I plan to enjoy over time.

First, I look forward to a steak. It can have a baked potato or just plain old veggies, but a great steak is the first thing I have my eye on. To most people this doesn't sound like much of a splurge, so I will continue.

Another thing I have my eyes on is a few pieces of french toast! I do enjoy carbohydrates, especially when they are sweet. So it is possible the week following my show I will enjoy a wonderful breakfast with my fiance. My breakfast to include eggs, turkey sausage, and french toast.

wine tasting, healthy options, health, wellness, fitness, bikini competition, temecula california
Temecula Valley Wine Country- Wilson Creek Manor
In June we have another vacation scheduled for Temecula Wine Country here in Southern California. I am excited to taste a few wines, enjoy a weekend of relaxation, and enjoy a glass of champagne. What I love most about living a consistent healthy lifestyle is that special occasions and vacations are enjoyable when it comes to enjoying tasty splurges. We might even be looking at wedding venues while we are on vacation. That's exciting!

I snagged a few pieces of clearance Easter candies the Monday following the show and since I am a sucker for chocolate, I will be enjoying a few pieces a week or two after show. I am also on the hunt for a dairy free, dark chocolate to enjoy post show.


Against All Grain, Paleo, Grain-free, Dairy-free, weight loss, protein, strong
Against All Grain
Finally, I am really looking forward to getting in to the kitchen and creating healthy alternative recipes to share with you all. I recently picked up Against all Grain by Danielle Walker. It is a cook book packed full with Paleo recipes. Over the last few months I discovered I have an intolerance to dairy and I am especially looking forward to getting in to the kitchen and finding a few healthy, dairy-free recipes to share. In particular, Danielle's book includes a recipe for mini-meatloaf muffins with cauliflower mashed "potatoes" on top. I love creating yummy meals for both my fiance and I to enjoy at home. A healthy home and healthy recipes make me feel empowered and excited. I cannot wait to share!

I am excited to step on stage and showcase all of the work I put in over the last few months. I also look forward to coming home and getting creative with healthy foods. Health and wellness will always be my passion. I look forward to sharing with you all recipes that are still healthy, but taste just like our favorite comfort foods.

Thank you all for your love and support. I have been very blessed to have great followers and such positive feedback. I have goals for these next few months and I can't wait to share my plans with you all. Stay tuned... in the next couple days I will share with you all what is on the horizon!

Your feedback is much appreciated and I would love to hear from you. Email me, message me, and/or follow me on Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. I think your plan is smart, why put all that junk in when you just worked so hard?!? I love paleo and I think you will too! My fave dark chocolate bar is 85% organic dark by alter ego. So good! Good luck at your show!! I can't wait to hear how you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Alter Ego Chocolate the other day!!!!!! It was so good!!

      Delete