Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fit Wife- Brooklyn Mar


Welcome to this week's Fit Wife Wednesday! This week Miss Brooklyn Mar is our featured FIT WIFE! Wife, mom, bikini competitor, Brooklyn is sharing her story as a healthy fit wife and mom! 

Follow Brooklyn on Instagram for motivational posts!

Fit Wife Wednesday...

Hi! My name is Brooklyn Mar, I am a 32 year old mom of two kids, Olivia and Brian. My husbands name is Hector, we have been together for 11 years this year and married for almost 2. 

My fitness journey started around the time I started seeing my husband, I was a cardio bunny! I was scared of lifting heavy, scared I would get too bulky. Oh man was I wrong and wish I had started way back when. But I have learned to eat well, lift right and thus began my competing life!

I have competed in both an NPC bikini competition in November of 2013 and also a WBFF show, in both divisions they offer, which are bikini and fitness. I didn't place in either of those shows, yet I find myself still driving towards becoming the best version of me I can.


Finding a balance in a lifestyle like this can be very difficult, especially having growing kids in the house and a husband who eats for bodybuilding as well, even though he doesn't compete. Thankfully we do all eat very similar, except my husband and I like brown rice and our kids like white rice!


I do most of the grocery shopping and can eat pretty much the same things daily, which makes it easier while I am on a prep, which lasts around 3-4 months or to make it sound a little better 12-16 weeks.

My food choices for proteins consist of egg whites, lean red meats, ground turkey, chicken breast and protein powder, usually from Cellucor. For my carbs I love the simple stuff like oats-rolled or steel cut, I just find their texture really good! Also, I like brown rice, sweet potato, Ezekiel bread or P28 bread. I love any type of vegetable but find I do very well with green beans, asparagus, zucchini, cucumber, squash spinach and all kinds of lettuce. I don't really count my veggies as an intake of calories, since most of them are very low in calories and very filling, so I never really go hungry. 


I prepare my food in bulk about three times a week to try and keep my prep times in check, especially since I work night shift I like to just measure out my ounces, pack it up and go! I do have a 6-pack bag that makes carrying my meals so much easier. If you are serious about a healthy lifestyle, competing or just getting your metabolism going, then you will want to carry your meals with you! It saves money, the frustration of what you're going to eat and you are never stuck somewhere and hungry! Also, start carrying water with you, I never leave without my gallon! 

Finding a balance between being a mom, a wife, a student as well as working nights while in competition prep is hard, but can be done with just a little preparation for your week ahead! My next show is about 14 weeks away, so I am already planning again! I am happy to share in my healthy journey to the stage, I hope to share everything I know about being a fit wife with a fit life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment