Tuesday, May 6, 2014

How to Make Cauliflower Spanish Rice

My plan was to gather more pictures and post this recipe early next week, but I had so many people ask me for the Cauliflower Spanish "Rice" recipe... I JUST HAD TO POST IT NOW!

Yes... for those of you who think I made a typo... I said Cauliflower Spanish "Rice"! At first when I heard "cauliflower rice" I turned my nose up... I decided to try Cauliflower Rice last week plain... WOAH, BABY! So good! I began to think of alternatives!

This amazing grain-free... dairy-free recipe is a tasty alternative to Spanish Rice! I had the leftovers today for lunch, also
AND. I. AM. HOOKED!!!

It was paired with garlic, cilantro balsamic chicken tacos on coconut flour tortillas... it was Cinco De Mayo dinner... how appropriate, right?!

Garlic, Cilantro Balsamic Chicken Tacos on Coconut Flour Tortillas
with Cauliflower Spanish "Rice" 
I remember my Mom making boxed Rice-a-Roni ((Sorry Mom!)) Spanish Rice when I was growing up. She would add a can of stewed tomatoes and I would go back for seconds...thirds!! It honestly was one of my favorite side dishes. Well... here were are... a healthy version of one of my FAVORITE foods! I won't keep you waiting! You're welcome...

Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower Spanish Rice, Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Healthy Dinner
Cauliflower Spanish "Rice"
1 Tablespoon Coconut Butter
1 Sweet Onion-Chopped
2 cloves Fresh Minced Garlic
1 small-medium head of Cauliflower
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Fresh Tomatoes-Diced
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro-Chopped
Juice of 1 Lime

First, "rice" your cauliflower... Add the florets to a food processor ((remove outer leaves and remove all stems)). I put a hand full of raw florets in my Ninja Blender and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. Do not "blend" it for a long period of time... it will get mushy. I dump the "rice" in to a bowl and repeat until all of the florets have been "riced".

Saute the onion in the coconut butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the minced garlic and saute them both until the onion is translucent.

Stir in all of the spices and salt. Mix well. You can add a little water if the mixture is dry or difficult to stir.

Fold in "riced" cauliflower in to the onion/spice mixture. Cook for about 10-12 minutes stirring frequently to keep the "rice" from sticking or burning at the bottom of the pan. Cook until the cauliflower is soft.

Add in the tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice. TURN OFF THE HEAT and stir the mixture. Let the rice mixture sit just a couple minutes to allow for the lime juice to soak in!

OH! HELLO CAULIFLOWER SPANISH "RICE"!!
I LOVE YOU!
 
Please try this recipe and provide your feedback below or email me! You can find my contact information and social media links in my "Contact Me" Page!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy, definitely making it sometime! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, here is the link to my blog if you wanna check it out: http://thefitfoodiemama.com/?p=554

    ReplyDelete